The European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other local data protection laws guard how personal information is collected and used, and protect the privacy rights of online shoppers. Under these laws, buyers are entitled to certain information, including when, why, how, by whom, and for what purpose personal information is collected, used, and shared.
- Information I collect
To fulfil your order, you are required provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for example, to personalise an order or to send an order direct to the recipient.)
- Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
I take my customers’ privacy seriously. I do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party. I only disclose your personal data to third parties that assist with providing you with my services. As an essential part of the service I provide, I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- Data Retention
I may also be required to retain this information to comply with my legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce my agreements.
When you contact me via the contact form, email, or social media, I retain details of our communications. I may use this data to refer back to, to assist in future communications or enquiries to provide you with better customer service and support.
I generally keep your data for the following time period: 4 years.
- Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact me.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Rae Henry, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me via email at email@example.com